This is my schedule for utilizing GaDOE's Health course. Here is the link to their course. There are 7 units: Mental Health, Safety and First Aid, Nutrition, Diseases and Disease Prevention, Substance Abuse, Family Health, and Review and Final Project. I scheduled the course over 18 weeks (about one semester). I am considering the course a 1/2 credit.
A Few Notes:
- If you use a gradebook, the assignments and projects have a grading system. I am personally not grading them, but instead counting them as participation grades.
- The course does not supply unit/module tests or a cumulative exam.
- We are using the course for homeschool purposes, so please disregard the instructions for Dropbox and talking to your teacher.
- You can listen to each page of the course! Located on the right hand sidebar of each page, you can click, "Listen to the page," to hear it read aloud.
- Parents and teachers, please review the material in this course. If you are uncomfortable with any material, you most certainly can leave it out of your student's curriculum.
- Computer with internet connection - to access the online course and links
- Adobe Flash - to use videos, games, and online activities
- Microsoft Word or Open Office - for assignments
- PowerPoint and/or Google Drive - one project requires PowerPoint. If you do not have PowerPoint, Google Drive allows you to use their free version called "Google Slides."
- Notebook - for writing notes and answering questions